Sunday, June 9, 2013

light it UP--porch finds

We LOVE our front porch.  But, the tricky part is how to furnish a long, rather large rectangle?  When we bought the house (one year ago this weekend!), the porch looked like this:



It had POTENTIAL, but was dirty and a home to 102 spiders.  EWW!!  

The first night we slept in this house, we were tired.  We had spent the day cleaning the inside of our new house and starting to unpack.  We then had to finish cleaning our old condo--which was put off so we were still cleaning at 11:00 p.m.  Finally at 11:50 p.m., we came HOME to our new house, I put my key in the front door, and a giant spider fell on my arm.  NOT good.  I think I cried.

Needless to say, at 6:00 a.m. the next morning, we were up and SCRUBBING the porch--I couldn't sleep because of the unknown "creepy" guests that were likely in our house...

After scrubbing and red cedar stain (plus landscaping and lots of pruning), our porch looked like this last summer:


It was cozy and we enjoyed it!!!  BUT this summer, we decided to add a few things:


I love lanterns. They add to nighttime porch sitting... I found this beauty at World Market for only $25.00 because it had a small crack in the back!! SCORE. Secret: Lanterns crack anyway.  My full-price lantern from Pottery Barn cracked days after I had it home.

We also added the RED stool (another World Market find).  The stool works as an EXTRA seat or a side table for drinks and snacks:






So this is our porch summer 2013:


We are pretty excited about the transformation:



Come sit with us!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment