Saturday, February 9, 2013

a little LEIBSTER award action

I realize that most of the people who read my blog KNOW me.  But for those of you who don't, this little LEIBSTER award will hopefully provide insight into who I am, not just the most recent paint color utilized in our small house.

Because I'm new to the blogging world, I had no CLUE what the LEIBSTER award was.  This is what I've learned:

I was nominated for the LEIBSTER by Meredith VK @ the mitten wife (thanks, friend)! It's an award given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  LEIBSTER is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.


It works like this:

1. Each person nominated must post 11 things about himself/herself;
2. Then, answer the questions posed by your nominator (Meredith) and create an additional 11 questions for your nominees to answer;
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post;
4. Go to their page and tell them; and
5. of course, NO tagbacks!

Here we go, eleven things you should know about Me:

1. I hate cooking.  Although the hate has lessened slightly over the past few years, it is still time consuming and bothersome that you spend hours preparing a meal that takes 15-30 minutes max, to eat. BUT, because eating is sort of a life requirement, and eating out is not an everyday option, I still cook.

2. I have an EXTREME soft-spot for ALL kinds of animals.  When we are driving, and a squirrel tries to commit suicide by dashing in front of our car, I freak out!

3. I am "germaphobic."  Slight problem when your husband is a RESIDENT at the University of Michigan.  We have a decontamination/mud room that is on the "To DO" list (meaning finish) this month.



4. I have a shoe fetish.  My favorite pair: Tory Burch Quinn ballet flats (sigh).  I went so far as to carve a Tory Burch pumpkin this year.  Friends and family were confused.


5. I eat ridiculous amounts of ice cream.  Hudsonville Chocolate Almond is currently my favorite flavor, but in the summer we frequent WASHTENAW DAIRY!

6. Spiders are one of God's scariest creations.  And He put LOTS of them in our new small house, that are now dead.

7. My husband loves me, even on difficult days.  Married for 3.5 years, most of which we were simultaneously medical and law school students, plus his boards and the Michigan bar, we have had extreme highs and lows.  He hasn't stopped loving me.



8. Our Wheaten Terrier, STELLA, has a WHEAT allergy.  Her food costs more than ours on a pound-to-pound ratio.


9.  I want to live on a farm.  Not a big farm, but one with goats, chickens, cats, and a few BIG dogs.

10.  I am passionate about, and saddened by, immigration and child hunger.  We plan on adopting someday.

11. I love commas.  In legal writing, blog writing, creative writing, I use TOO many commas (Shout out to my former professor Carla Vissers :))

My Answers to Meredith's Questions:

1.  Name the song that best represents you: amazing grace.

2. If you could be an animal, what would you be: a parrot--they live for many years in TROPICAL places, have the ability to "talk", and can fly.  How sweet would it be to fly!?!

3. What's your guilty pleasure: sadly, the bachelor/bachelorette.

4. Best vacation you've ever taken: honeymoon in Jamaica at the COUPLES resort in Ocho Rios.



5. Most embarrassing moment in a public place: walking full-speed into a curb, resulting in eating said curb, and my skirt coming up WAY past my knees.  Not sure what downtown Holland walkers saw that day...

6. Biggest fear: losing a family member.

7. Favorite board game: Not technically a board game, but BOGGLE! I love messing with words/letters.

8. Go-to recipe: Gramsiebaby's artichoke dip.

9.  Would you ever get plastic surgery:  That may depend on how vain I am in 20+ years or on our plastic surgery doctor friends :)

10. 10 years ago when you dreamed of your future, are you doing what you dreamed of: I always wanted to be an attorney, but I never thought we would live in Ann ARBOR for this long, or buy a house that needed FIXING.

11. Best ice cream parlor ever visited:  the Shake Pit.  Hands DOWN the best shakes in the U.S.



Okay, so that's me in 22 line-by-line questions/facts.  Now it's your turn:



With these questions:

1. Your favorite trip and why?
2. Best restaurant?
3. Biggest goal for the next five years?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5. Craziest college past-time?
6. Whether you hide chocolate in your home?
7. The accomplishment you're most proud of?
8.  If you had $1,000 to spend on ANYTHING, where would you spend it, and on what?
9.  Favorite cheese?
10. Happiest moment?
11. Your favorite blog post that you've written?














No comments:

Post a Comment